Sunday, June 26, 2005

Movies I'm really looking forward to

Today it's the movies. I love movies but don't often go to see them in the theater. Here's some I will be seeing in the theater.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: I was iffy about this movie when I first heard about a remake but Johnny Depp and Tim Burton together -- I have to see it. In the trailer, though, Johnny Depp looks like such a dork. I'll have to put Gene Wilder out of my mind in order to see this movie.
Fantastic Four: Saw the trailer for this at Batman Begins -- it looked really good. Although, from what I remember of the Fantastic Four comics, Reed Richards was a good deal older than the actor playing him.
War of the Worlds: Even though I've been unhappy with the fool Tom Cruise has been making of himself lately, I will see this movie. I liked the older version and it will be interesting to see Steven Spielberg do evil aliens.
Serenity: This is probably the movie I'm looking forward to the most. It's based on Joss Whedon's (of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame) western-in-space Firefly --- a show which unfortunately only lasted one season. If you live in the Atlanta area or nearby, the cast of Serenity will be at Dragon*Con.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: I'm looking forward to this almost as much as Serenity. From the trailer, it looks good. This is my favorite Harry Potter book, so I'm hoping it also turns out to be my favorite HP movie.

No comments: