Monday, July 04, 2005

Feeling just a tad old

J turned 20 yesterday and all I could think was, "How can I be old enough to have a 20-year-old? When did that happen?" I don't know. It really does seem as if he were two just the day before. He got a new violin -- a real instrument, not a student one -- and a really nice case for the new violin, so he was happy. Funny thing is I can tell a real difference in his playing on the new violin; I didn't realize it would make such a difference.

I've been having a hard time reading anything lately -- something that is usually not a problem for me. When this happens, I need something fast and good to read. I picked up The Gunslinger (Revised and Expanded), which is the first book in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I'd read it before but not with the changes. It's proving to be the quick and easy read I need to get me back into reading. I'd thought the changes would bother me but they don't -- they make the book fit in easier with the later books in the series.

No comments: