- I eat ketchup on my macaroni and cheese.
- Imagination is not my strong suit -- which probably explains why most horror movies don't scare me.
- I've lived in the South my entire life (except for a few years) and still don't have a Southern accent.
- I'm not looking forward to the day when the only way of getting music is by downloading, even though I use downloading services, because I love cd/album cover art.
- The only horror novel that ever scared me was Stephen King's Salem's Lot and I've read a lot of horror.
- I still avoid cracks in sidewalks because of the "step on a crack, break your mother's back" thing.
- I learned to swim when I was 4 because at 4 I was fearless -- not so true now.
- The song Edelweiss from Sound of Music always makes me cry when I watch that movie but only when they are singing it on stage.
- The French national anthem as sung in Rick's Cafe in Casablanca also makes me cry -- apparently I'm a sucker for love of one's country like that.
- I don't live anywhere near my family; I used to think I would like that -- turns out I don't.
- I love New York.
- I will travel six hours to hear someone I truly love, like Taj Mahal, in concert.
- I won't share my blog address with my family (even though I know they could find it) because I don't want my son, who is a wonderful writer, to find out what a truly bad writer I am.
- I've never been afraid of the dark -- I like the dark in fact.
- My favorite Christmas movies are various versions of A Christmas Carol; even some of the cheesy ones (except the western one with Jack Palance -- that one was really bad.)
- I was 45 before I first had a martini and that was in New Orleans -- it was fabulous.
- My husband thinks I'm an alien because I never saw any of the tv shows that are touchstones to him, like the Patty Duke Show and I Love Lucy, until I was an adult.
- If I were told I could be any age I wanted to be and stay that age, I'd pick 33.
- I hate my hair.
- On the subject of hair, I've always been a closet redhead.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
A Dixie tag
Twenty random things about me: