Djin Djin: Angelique Kidjo: I love her voice. Here she does the Rolling Stone's Gimme Shelter -- I'm looking forward to that. She also works with Joss Stone and Santana on this new album.
Sky Blue Sky: Wilco: The new one from my favorite group. I hear it's more a return to older Wilco -- as in Being There. The one song I've heard from this album, What Light, seems to bear that out.
Into the Blues: Joan Armatrading: It's been since 2003, I think, since she has released a new album - - something that wasn't just a compilation of songs I already own or a live album. I have really missed her and was glad to see a new release.
Breakfast in Bed: Joan Osborne: Joan Osborne is more than just the singer of the annoying One of Us; she has a great voice which is shown to good effect when she covers R & B singers. This album is an homage to 60s and 70s R & B, and I'm anticipating something really good.
One of the Boys: Gretchen Wilson: I never really got into Here for The Party but I loved All Jacked Up -- I'm hoping this one will be more along the lines of the latter.
Icky Thump: White Stripes: This is technically not May music since it won't be released until June and there's no cover art for it yet but it's another one I'm looking forward to. Jack is back with Meg.
- Make it Alright: Jay Farrar from Sebastopol
- Casey's Last Ride: Kris Kristofferson from Kristofferson
- Wake Up and Smell the Coffee: The Cranberries from Wake Up and Smell the Coffee
- Trouble Man: Marvin Gaye from Every Great Motown Hit of Marvin Gaye
- I'm a Wheel: Wilco from A Ghost is Born
- War on War: Wilco from Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (Yay! Two Wilco songs in a row!)
- Teach Me Tonight: Phoebe Snow from The Very Best of Phoebe Snow
- Should've Been in Love: Wilco from A.M. (Wow! Triple Wilco and I began with Jay Farrar who was with Wilco's Jeff Tweedy in Uncle Tupelo.)
- You Need a Man Around Here: Brad Paisley from Time Well Wasted
- Just Like Greta: Van Morrison from Magic Time