I feel honored because I hardly think of myself as "rockin'" -- more like boring. Anyway, I'm very late getting to this (Hilda bestowed this upon me on June 22), but the rules are: "If you get tagged, grab the pretty badge up top (because you deserve it!) and then list five women bloggers who are TOTALLY ROCKIN’."
Like Hilda, I have a lot more than five and I tried not to include people who'd already been tagged, but here's my list:
- Babelbabe: She keeps me entertained with stories of her boys, she makes me think about issues such as voting and buying foods locally by the passion she displays about these subjects, and she always has a new book for me to read -- most often something I wouldn't have thought of before.
- Nutmeg: She and Babelbabe are similar in the their rockingness -- Nutmeg's stories of her girls and of life in Australia keep me interested -- she's an excellent writer. Her reviews of books keep my tbr pile filled with new books.
- Lesley at Lesley's Book Nook: Her reviews of books are thoughtful and interesting. I read Cormac McCarthy's The Road because of her review and I'm glad I did.
- Vampire Librarian: Her tales of her work in Library X usually have me laughing out lot. And who else but VL would post a youtube video, The Adventures of Jack Sparrow: Part 1: The Library?
- Jess at Garish and Tweed: She takes wonderful pictures of the area where she lives and the food she bakes. She also tells interesting tales of library school and writes reviews of books that make me want to read them. I'd never heard of Meg Rosoff's How I Live Now until Jess reviewed it. I read it and was glad that I had -- I gave it to my daughter to read.
- Christina at Exena-Vision: I know that's more than five, but she's got the greatest taste in music -- I couldn't leave her out -- I look forward to her Friday Shuffles every week.