Saturday, March 29, 2008

Piles of books

I've got a whole pile of books by my bed that I haven't read yet, but still yesterday I felt the need to buy more. I came home with Keith Olbermann's Truth and Consequences, Shalom Auslander's Foreskin's Lament (who could resist that title?), David Gerrold's The Martian Child, and Pat Frank's Alas Babylon, a book I've always felt I should read since I went through this apocalyptic fiction phase but never read one of the classics of the genre. I've already finished Olbermann's collection of his special comments from his show, Countdown. It was interesting, reminded me of things I'd forgotten and was a quick read.

Friday Shuffle
  1. 15: Rilo Kiley from Under the Blacklight
  2. Strong and Wrong: Joni Mitchell from Shine
  3. Sejedo: Angelique Kidjo from Djin Djin
  4. When the Man Comes Around: Jorma Kaukonen from Stars in My Crown
  5. Sweet Sacrifice: Evanescence from The Open Door
  6. That's How I Got to Memphis: Solomon Burke from Nashville
  7. T.V. Age: Joe Jackson from Night and Day
  8. Follow: Brandi Carlile from Brandi Carlile
  9. No Other Way: Jack Johnson from In Between Dreams
  10. My Lover's Box: Garbage from Garbage

7 comments:

sari said...

You know, I really love Night and Day, what a great album.

I'm looking forward to reading The Monsters of Templeton, have you read that??

Kathy said...

No -- I haven't read Monsters of Templeton but it looks really interesting. I just ordered it from amazon.

sari said...

I'm getting it from the library, probably next week. I'm excited to read it! Stephen King gave it a good blurb on the cover (I'm pretty sure I read it there, I've been to the bookstore a lot lately so I can't be positive).

Dixie said...

I love the Under the Blacklight album.

Kathy said...

Dix: I love that album too -- when I read the reviews of it though, they weren't that positive. I don't get it.

Les said...

I loved Alas Babylon!

BTW, I really enjoy perusing your Friday Shuffle. Thanks!

Kathy said...

Les: Your review of Alas Babylon was what made me think I should try to read it again. I'm glad you enjoy the shuffle. Other people's shuffles lead me to music I've never heard before.