Sunday, June 19, 2005

First post

I think I should have been a music librarian as much as I love music. I won't always write about music, but I wanted my first post to be about it. These are my latest favorite cds and downloads:
  • Lizz Wright: Dreaming Wide Awake -- she does an excellent version of Neil Young's song, Old Man, from Harvest.
  • Garbage: Bleed Like Me -- the title song is about scarring, both physical and mental. Sex is Not the Enemy is also an excellent song.
  • Shelby Lynne: Suit Yourself -- seems as if a lot of artists are doing older songs lately and Shelby Lynne is no exception. On Suit Yourself she does Rainy Night in Georgia (called Track 12 on Lynne's cd) and it is oddly very touching.
  • Madeleine Peyroux: Careless Love -- she's been compared to Billie Holiday and when you hear her lush voice, you'll know why. Listen especially to Careless Love and This is Heaven to Me. Peyroux also takes on Bob Dylan in an affecting verison of You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go.
  • Bo Bice: Yes, I watched American Idol and Bice was my favorite. Vehicle is worth downloading as is the acappella song he did on AI: In a Dream. I also downloaded Whipping Post, but without the performance, it's not as good as I remember it.
  • Joss Stone and Melissa Etheridge doing Janis Joplin.

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Ask me how excited I am that you have a blog!! Wheeeeee! :)