Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Have you ever?

Stolen from Mary Beth:
HAVE YOU EVER:
Smoked a cigarette or tried it: Yeah -- I smoked for two weeks once. Didn't care for it.
Crashed a friend's car: No.
Stolen a car: Nope -- too much of a goody two-shoes to have even THOUGHT about this.
Been dumped: Yep. I figure everyone has.
Shoplifted: Yes and, in my goody two-shoeism, I still feel guilty about it 35 years later.
Been fired /laid off: Laid off.
Been in a fist fight: Yes, with a football player in high school.
Snuck out of your parent's house: No-- I was afraid I'd get caught.
Been arrested: No
Gone on a blind date: Yeah.
Lied to a friend: Once -- I felt awful about it and confessed my lie.
Skipped school: Shockingly, given the goody two shoeness of my nature, quite often.
Seen someone die: No.
Been to Canada: Yes -- Cape Breton, Nova Scotia,Toronto and Niagara Falls.
Been to Mexico: No.
Eaten Sushi: All I can say about this is "ick."
Met someone in person from the internet: Yes -- at a movie.
Taken pain-killers: They were nice.
Had a tea party: No.
Cheated while playing a game: No; if I had I probably would have confessed it almost immediately.
Fallen asleep at work: Yes, I was so tired once during the weekend, the woman I was working with told me to go back to my desk and take a nap -- I did.
Used a fake ID: Ms. Goody Two Shoes, again.
Felt an earthquake: I slept through one in San Francisco. Does that count?
Touched a snake: Eww.
Been robbed: Only by my kids.
Petted a reindeer/goat: No.
Won a contest: I never win anything.
Been suspended from school: Given how often I skipped school and the fight with the football player, the answer to this is a surprising no.
Been in a car accident: Yes.
Had braces: No.
Eaten a whole pint of ice cream in one night: Usually Ben & Jerry's -- either Triple Caramel or New York Super Fudge Chunk.
Witnessed a crime: No.
Swam in the ocean: Yes.
Sung karaoke: No, and if you'd ever heard me sing, you'd be glad of that!
Paid for a meal with only coins: yes.
Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose: Yes -- it happens a lot when reading Poppy's blog.
Been kissed under mistletoe: Yes.
Crashed a party: Oh, I'm sure.
Worn pearls: Earrings.
Jumped off a bridge: Oh, Lord, no! I'm afraid of heights.
Ate dog/cat food: No.
Kissed a mirror:No.
Glued your hand to something: I don't think so.
Done a one-handed cartwheel: I can only do the two-handed ones.
Talked on the phone for more than 6 hours: Yes, I was too polite to say, "Look I need to get off of the phone now," Actually I did say that -- it didn't work and I was way too polite to just hang up.
Didn't take a shower for a week:This is just to much for me.
Picked and ate an apple right off the tree: Yes; we used to live near apple trees in Germany
Been told by a complete stranger that you're hot: No -- I've been told that I look Korean though.

5 comments:

Marybeth said...

Triple Caramel...oh, my gosh. That just sounds sinfully delicious.

Girl...when you come to town...please call me so we can at least say hi! Don't forget me!

Katya said...

I won't forget you -- and the triple caramel is wonderful

BabelBabe said...

I'm stealing this, Katya. : )

Dr. Charles said...

great post, i'm ont sure if i've actually seen someone die. i've been doing chest compressions and watching the heart monitor while patients passed, but those peaceful deaths in which someone drifts away are private affairs.

Sarah Louise said...

never had a tea party? this must be rectified, and soon! We'll have an online one with Babelbabe & co (if you want...) (perhaps you don't like tea...) not related to this post but I just reserved copies of the video and book of the kindertransport--thanks!

tkavdsp: to kill a verse depends soley on pasta...