Sunday, December 04, 2005

A New TV show for me

Veronica Mars: I don't get UPN so I've missed this show on tv. Because several friends told me it was good, I rented season one from Netflix, and I loved it. Now that I've watched all of season one, I'm going through Veronica Mars withdrawal. When Buffy the Vampire Slayer was on tv, I was a big fan. Veronica Mars is the first show I've liked as much as Buffy. In a way, Veronica reminds me of Buffy. She's independent in that way. She's also smart, resourceful, and funny and she has attitude -- I like that in my tv heroes. Veronica's dad is great as well; he's a real dad. He doesn't try to be her best friend, instead he tries his best to be a good parent to her. What I want for Christmas now is cable so I can get my Veronica Mars fix.

3 comments:

Vampire Librarian said...

I liked the show at first, but found the character Veronica a little too outrageous after a while. My suspension of disbelief was abused too much by the show, but I'll probably watch the second season when it comes out on DVD. Veronica is a lot like Buffy. I hope you get your X-mas wish.

Katya said...

I just noticed too that I said I said I liked VM as much as Buffy and that's not true -- I like it ALMOST as much as Buffy. VM does get a little outrageous sometimes; she does things that you'd think maybe an older person would do but I find it easy to suspend disbelief if I like a show. I hope I get my Christmas wish too. :)

Flourish & Blotts said...

I haven't seen this show but I got sucked into Buffy when it was on TV. There was something about that show that made it truly enjoyable escapism. I'll have to set the TIVO to to find out what Veronica is all about, especially since the current season of my guilty pleasure (Charmed) is going downhill. - Flourish