Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Reading

I was going to read The Egyptologist -- I've been planning on it for awhile now -- but I got distracted by Time's list of 100 great novels. In Cold Blood was on it and I've started and stopped this book at least six times. I don't feel that I can see Capote without having read this book however, and I've finally gotten past the first chapter. This is the first time ever. The thing is I don't want the family in the book to die and given that In Cold Blood is the story of a famous murder case and I know that it is, they have to die. (Don't ask for rational thought here -- I just keep wanting them to live.) I've seen both movies made from this book but haven't been able to read the book yet; this time I intend to finish it.

2 comments:

BabelBabe said...

gina lent in cold blood to me months ago and i can't get into it either.

Kathy said...

The thing is I like the movies. Both of them.