Stolen from Badger because I liked it and I'm sitting here listening to Neko Case's Fox Confessor Brings the Flood and trying to write a review of some library databases and I'm boring myself to tears. Not that this won't be any LESS boring for you, but maybe it'll spur me to work on the database review.
1. What's in the glove box of your car? The owner's manual, my insurance card, a flashlight, and a whole bunch of junk that just clutters the glove compartment.
2. Favorite classes in college (or high school):High school: Humanities. College: Victorian Literature and Organic Chemistry.
3. Shampoo brand:Pantene
4. Favorite piece of furniture you own: I have this light green telephone label with ivy painted on the door and the sides that I really love.
5. Idea of a really good first date: A concert and then a walk on the beach.
6. Favorite fruit: Oranges.
7. Pick a passage from a favorite book:From Pat Conroy's The Prince of Tides:
The truth is this: Things happened to my family, extraordinary things. I know families who live out their entire destinies without a single thing of interest happening to them. I have always envied those families. The Wingos were a family that fate tested a thousand times and left defenseless, humiliated, and dishonored. But my family also carried some strengths into the fray, and these strengths let almost all of us survive the descent of the Furies. Unless you believe Savannah; it is her claim that no Wingo survived. I will tell you my story. Nothing is missing. I promise you.
8. What would you eat for dinner if it were your last night on earth? Roast beef, mashed potatoes, pole beans and Yorkshire pudding as cooked by my mother.
9. Free Will or Destiny: Both.
10. What would you sing at karaoke? Something by Queen and people would laugh me off the stage while simultaneously throwing things at me -- I'm really bad.
11. Sweater or Sweatshirt? Sweatshirt.
12. Paris, NYC, Tokyo, or Rio de Janeiro? NYC or else San Francisco.
13. What do you wear to bed usually? A t-shirt
14. If you dyed your hair, what colour would you dye it? I do dye it and it's red.
15. If you went back to school, what would you study? archaeology.
16. Gum or mints? Mints.
17. Recurring nightmares? I don't have recurring dreams -- except when I was pregnant and I would dream that my daughter had died.
18. Age & location of first kiss? No idea -- I just don't remember.
19. Describe your favourite pair of shoes: They're called SoftSpots and they are red.
20. What movie/tv character do you feel like you relate to most? Daria -- I know -- it's sad that it's an animated character.
21. First CD purchase: Joan Baez's Diamonds and Rust
22. First concert: I think it was the Allman Brothers
23. Do you like camping? I love it.
24. If you were doomed to be mauled to death by an animal, what animal would you prefer that to be? I agree with Badger on this one -- what kind of question is that?!
25. Do you/would you own a gun? No -- they make me nervous.
26. What religion would you like to know more about: Islam.
27. Favourite food as a kid: Mac and cheese with ketchup.
28. Number of languages you speak: 1
29. If you were a natural disaster, would you be a tornado, hurricane, or earthquake? I suspect I'd be a tornado because I get angry quickly but that goes away quickly as well.
30. If you could make one state in the US just go away, which state would that be? I have no idea.
31. How many prescriptions do you take? A lot.
32. Lake or Ocean? Ocean.
33. What is the worst lie you've ever told to get out of work, (and don't say you've never lied to get out of work, because that my friend is a lie and you know it)? I don't think I have because Badger and I have the same disease -- if I say something bad, it will happen or I will run into the person I lied to while I'm out shopping or something.
34. Do you carry a backpack, a satchel or "man bag", tote bag, brief case, or a backpack on wheels? A purse.
35. Have you ever been arrested/cited for anything other than traffic violations? No -- I'm a goody-two-shoes.
36. Would you ever consider spending some time at a nudist colony? Nope.
37. Best thing you can cook? Lasagne
38. If you were going to donate 1000 dollars to a charity, what would that be? Cancer charities and domestic violence shelters.