Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Deryni

Childe Morgan by Katherine Kurtz: I love the series this book is part of but I am not happy with this latest entry in the tales of the Deryni. I just finished it yesterday and I can barely remember what happened, besides Alaric Morgan being a child in this book and Brion becoming king. I remember that there was a lot of pageantry -- people getting knighted, people getting buried -- but very little else. The book was totally boring. Now that I think about it, I haven't liked Kurtz's last two books, In the King's Service and King Kelson's Bride, either. In fact, I didn't remember that In the King's Service existed, let alone what happened in it, and I own the book -- in hardcover. It is on my bookshelf with every other book in this series -- and there are a lot of them. I really hate being this disappointed in a series I had loved. I reread the series often and on the next reread, I may just skip these three books.

No comments: