This is from bb and was apparently originally an email -- now it's a meme. Here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags -- they are so much easier and I am lazy.
2. Real tree or artificial? Real -- no one can convince me those sprays smell just like a real Christmas tree doe.
3. When do you put up the tree? After my children, who are no longer small, badger me enough that I can't take it anymore.
4. When do you take the tree down? It always stays up through January 6 -- I don't know why -- I got that tradition from my mom.
5. Do you like eggnog? No, but I've never had the real stuff just the eggnog from the carton.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I'm sure it was a book.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. My mother-in-law gave it to us the first year we were married -- it's absolutely beautiful -- here's my favorite piece from it -- the angel Gabriel.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My son -- I've never known what he wanted.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My daughter -- she makes lists and tells me what she wants all through the year.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I cannot remember anything that fits here.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I try to mail them but I get later and later with them every year.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Some version of a Christmas Carol -- usually the Patrick Stewart one.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometimes not till Christmas Eve. This year I actually bought my first Christmas present in November - that was a miracle!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Stuffing and this thing my mother-in-law used to make called pretzel salad -- it wasn't a salad -- it had cream cheese and strawberries and used pretzels as crust. She gave me the recipe but it doesn't turn out right when I make it. I think she left something out of the recipe.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored.
17.Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? No. Donder and Blitzen and Dasher -- that's about it.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? An angel I found in St. Augustine when we were first married and I liked Christmas.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The way stores bring out Christmas stuff in October.
23. What I love most about Christmas? The quiet on Christmas morning.