I had to do this book meme -- it's just too much fun.
- A book that changed your life. This one's hard for me -- as many books as I've read, I can't think of a single one that's actually changed my life. Maybe the DSM-IV, because when I read the symptoms of depression in it, I realized I had every single one and should indeed be taking the medicine my doctor prescribed.
- A book you've read more than once: Many of Stephen King's books, all the Harry Potter books, The Lord of the Rings, The Prince of Tides, Andre Norton's Star Man's Son (also known as Daybreak 2250 A.D.) -- there are just so many -- too many to list.
- A book you'd want on a desert island. I'm going with Suse and Babelbabe on this one -- the complete works of Shakespeare. It's a brilliant idea.
- A book that made you giddy: Christopher Moore's Bloodsucking Fiends.
- A book that you wish had been written.The book from Poppy's blog. In the Sandman graphic novels by Neil Gaiman, there is a library in Dream's palace filled with books that haven't been written -- I loved that conceit.
- A book that wracked you with sobs: Bridge to Terabithia and Anderson Cooper's Dispatches from the Edge -- the sections about Katrina.
- A book you wish had never been written: I would say Sex and the City but I liked the show that came from that dismal book, so I'll go with 4 Blondes -- that book was a total waste of my time.
- A book you are currently reading: Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama and The Storm by Ivor Van Heerden and Mike Bryan.
- A book you've been meaning to read: I'm like Babelbabe -- there are shelves of books I've been meaning to read. I suppose Middlemarch is the one I should really read first.